Here are some advices and tricks for living better with this syndrome and making life easier for patients
– Think about asking for a personalized school plan at school as soon as possible
– To limit mirror movements when the other hand is working : find something to grab hold or an object to press hard with the mirror hand or maintain your hand under your buttocks.
– Take heavy objects with both hands to avoid an important stiffening of the hand that would not be carrying.
– In general, for manual activities, the standing position is better.
– Magnetic laces are usefull when it is difficult to tie your shoes.
– Anti-slip and electrostatic carpet is convenient so that the paper does not move when you write.
– Loosen the front brake of a bike to avoid falls (there is a risk of braking with both hands and more strongly with the dominant hand).
– Horseback riding is an excellent sport (it gives self-confidence and is an ongoing exercice of one hand then the other).
Brig your contribution by giving us your own tips.